Saturday, January 9, 2010

Patent Leather Mary Janes

These are one of my favorite pairs of shoes! Who does not love a shoe with pink inside. I love that they are mary janes with a heel. The strap is thin so it does not make my leg look short. I feel like stylists used to say "always pick shoes that elongate your legs," but I feel like these are too cute to pass up. Now with the trend of thick strappy sandals and ankle boots, anything is allowed. I also love these shoes since they are Kate Spade!! I love her designs because they are sort of country club chic with a SoHo twist. All of her designs are therefore modern, yet bright and cheeky.

The first time I wore these shoes was to my senior homecoming dance. I wore it with a red Lilly Pulitzer dress, which was silk with flowers at the top. I have always been obsessed with Lilly and I loved wearing a that dress with one of my other favorite designers, Kate Spade.

I frequently wear these shoes to my sorority functions such as formals and parties. I usually wear them with jeans, dressy skirts, or dresses. I really like that they have a strap because it keeps me from falling when I am walking around. Williamsburg is a town paved in mortar and bricks so the ground it very even. This has proved to be a great experience because I have learned to walk more cautiously after many spills and cuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment